Wednesday 3 March 2010

Tie Dye Nappy Fun!

So, I had a bit of an experiment with dyeing and tie-dyeing nappies the other day!

I bought some Dylon machine wash, pre-washed the items to be dyed as per instructions, put the dye and salt in the machine and added my items (some with elastic bands strategically wrapped around them) and here are the results...!




There are cotton terries, muslin squares, Bambino Mio wraps, Proraps, Mother Ease and Nature Babies wraps there. The wraps that took best and so photographed the darker colour were the Bambino Mios, these also tie dyed well. The other wraps did not tie dye well but took some colour. I liked the result on the Nature Babies because, previously to dyeing, the inner and gussets had been creamish and discoloured, wheras the dye just made them look a beautifully different and interesting colour.

I'm now very excited to try dyeing in other colours and maybe other items, too! Nathan absolutely loved them and wants me to do a black dye next so we can refresh a few of his older black tshirts, so maybe we'll have some funky black and white tie-dyed baby gros and Bambino Mio wraps, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment