Wednesday 24 February 2010

The Mama Pack

So, after disappointment with the Bounty packs I decided to order, for delivery charge only, The Mama Pack.

I received it this afternoon and it truly brightened up my day - it was like getting a special eco-mum present!
I wanted to review it for anyone reading in case you're deliberating whether to get one - I'd personally say go for it - the contents is WELL worth the delivery cost.


Sorry for the rubbishy photo quality - it's an old camera phone and very bright lights combined with a shiny floor!

In my box I got:
  • A 100ml sample (full size is 250ml but this LOOKS full size) of Maclaren's Beginning Protecting Nappy Change Balm.
  • 4 The Ginger People's GinGins Double Strength Ginger Hard Candy sweets
  • 1 Lillipops Iced Soothies in Lemon & Mint
  • A 70g sample of Rude Health's The Ultimate Organic Muesli
  • A sample of 8 half-shell soapnuts and a small mesh bag with instructions from In A Soapnut Shell
  • A sample bamboo cloth wipe from the Nappy Makers
  • 2 sample eco-friendly disposable breast pads, 1 maternity pad and 1 pantyliner from Natracare
  • A sachet sample of Weleda Baby Calendula Nappy Change Cream
  • A sachet sample of Pregnacare Cream
  • WAHM News Autumn/Winter magazine
  • A handful of promotional leaflets and some promotional business cards
The pack is a nice size and comes all sealed up in its own carboard box, which is the size of an 'average giftbox' I'd say. It has pretty tissue paper in the top and the leaflets etc. are in the bottom, with the samples scattered in between. I'd estimate that the samples are worth in total around £7.00. There isn't too much promotional material, which is good as I always hate throwing lots away, however I would change the fact that some of it is contained in plastic sheeting/polybags.

If I could add anything to the Mama pack it would be a sample of some sort of snack that you could pop into your labour bag and some raspberry leaf tea or similar sample.

My favourite sample is a tie between three - the nappy change balm, the soap nuts and the bamboo cloth wipe (which fits nicely into my other cloth wipes box!). I think of all of the items sampled I am most likely to buy more soap nuts if they work well for me.

I hope that this may have helped someone! I'm just very excited and feel almost as though it's my birthday - I got given my friend's lovely purple TENS machine to borrow today and have just ordered some replacement pads for it, and I've placed a custom order for amber teething and nursing necklaces which I shall write more about another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment