Monday 1 February 2010

In the beginning...

Hello to anyone who might stumble across this little corner of the web!

I'm a young, Christian housewife who, at the time of writing, is 6 weeks away from her due date! I live in the Peak District with my darling husband, who is a great man of God, and I know will make an excellent father. Our baby boy is called Daniel James and we can't wait to welcome him into the world!

I'm pro-life and am leaning towards the philosophies of 'attachment parenting'. This encompasses a lot of so-called 'hippy' practices which are, in fact, very common sense based and ancient ideas. Such things as babywearing, baby led weaning, co-sleeping, breastfeeding and the use of cloth nappies.
Through my research and personal forays into these ideas I hope to produce a guide of sorts to assist any other parents or prospective parents in their choices.

Disclaimer: Please note that all opinions are entirely my own, and that they therefore will reflect my own bias and preferences. I don't believe that there is a 'one size fits all' parenting model, and would hope that no one views any content here as judgmental or slanderous in what it speaks for (or even, on occasion, silently against).

No comments:

Post a Comment